There are so many ways to eat (or drink) milk kefir or mesophilic yoghurts. One of our favorite is to have it for breakfast, topped with some homemade granola and berries. We have tried so many different recipes and this one has become our favorite. It is easy to prepare and all the grains/seeds/nuts can be replaced with what you have at home. For example, the hazelnuts can be left out and replaced by almonds. The flaxseeds can be replaced by chia or sesam seeds, the sunflowers by pumpkin seeds…I think you understood the idea!
Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line an oven tray with some parchment paper. For one granola tray you’ll need:
4 cups of rolled oats
2 cups of nuts and seeds (I love to use sunflower seeds, hazelnuts and flaxseeds)
1 tsp of salt
1tbsp of cinnamon
1tsp of cardamom
½ cup of canola or sunflower oil
½ cup of honey
- In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil and the honey.
- Pour the wet mixture on the dry one and mix until well combined.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (for even result, you can stir every 10 minutes)
- Take out and allow to cool on the tray.
- Store in an airtight container
Note: the granola will only be crunchy when cooled down